We put them in rest homes, we kinda kick them under the rug and make believe they don't exist. They [the people in Vienna] don't feel like that. In a lot of these older places in the world, they value their older people and their older people feel they can still be a part of the community and I thought: This is a terrific idea - that old people are useful -and that means I don't have to worry so much about getting old because I can still have a use in this world in my old age. I thought "Vienna waits for you..."

-Billy Joel

Monday, November 14, 2011

Ride A Gondola: CHECK! Get Kissed By An Italian Man: CHECK! When in Venedig.

Thursday night seven of us left on a night train to VENICE, ITALY! :) 
We literally were in a dream the whole weekend.
When I think Italy, I think of this.



I rode a GONDOLA! With 6 of us girls it wasn't too expensive. So worth it! Seeing the city from the canals was awesome. And in contrast from the Jolly old Italian Waiter who cornered me and kissed me, our Gondola driver was a catch. 

On the Island of Murano. That is...Murano glass. The glass blowing demonstrations were amazing, and the shops here and beautiful dishes and glass trinkets of all kinds. 


These next few pictures are onthe island of Burano. I don't think I even need to explain why I loved this place.







This is a view from the Campanile di San Marco. Gorgeous view of Venice. This is St. Marks Square where the St. Marks Church, the bell tower, and Doge's Palace are. Very famous place! The Cathedral was stunning inside and out. 

The famous Rialto Bridge! 

It was a very fun weekend filled with delicious Italian food and a lot of pretty places! Not to mention great company. We came home on a night train and we all slept like rocks. I woke up to a pretty view of the sun rising in the winter foggy morning. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment