We put them in rest homes, we kinda kick them under the rug and make believe they don't exist. They [the people in Vienna] don't feel like that. In a lot of these older places in the world, they value their older people and their older people feel they can still be a part of the community and I thought: This is a terrific idea - that old people are useful -and that means I don't have to worry so much about getting old because I can still have a use in this world in my old age. I thought "Vienna waits for you..."

-Billy Joel

Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Having The Time Of My Life

Oma is the best cook ever (besides my own mother of course). :) Today she made Ashley and I vegetable soup which was PERFECT (I swear she read my mind) because I have been feeling sick these past couple of days. She also made us minced meat (sounds scary but it is AMAZING), cooked spinach and pureed potatoes.

Ashley is the best roommate ever! We sure do have fun. :)

 It is finally getting cold here. Today, it was suddenly VERY cold. And rainy. Time to invest in some boots! 

I now completely understand why Europeans rarely shower...or shave for that matter! Shower curtain? Naw. Shower head? Nawww. Just a hose baby! Bring it on.


The Sound of Music Soundtrack has been stuck in my head all day (see awesome video on my facebook). Salzburg and Munich hereeee we comeee!!!! I'll be back Sunday to tell all about it!

No comments:

Post a Comment